Call up Day
-I would like to take this time to note that Every time I've gone to school, 3 times in the past few weeks, it has rained. Seriously. Not Singin' In The Rain rain, pull-out-your-rubber-shoes-and-pray rain.
Ok, Monday was the day when all my former classmates came together in search of a half sheet of paper with a portion of our future etched upon it.
It really should be called a 'Call On' letter, because the crying and rejoicing that ensued will surely lead to us all calling on the Lord.
When I got to school my committee of friends congratulated me on getting Oyo state. Needless to say, I couldn't run down. I have more than enough people there and hey, that's where me boy was posted. - Alas, it would not turn out to be so easy. When I finally received my call up letter, not finally really, there was no line when I went, I just sort of told the dude my name; I saw boldly typed Nassarawa.
First I thought, "Nassara-wah-hun?" Then I thought, "Nice joke boyos." The look on their faces proved it was an honest error that made them believe I'd be coasting through my service year in IB.
Lets just say I wore a shock-smile for a while before the dulling started. Everything was 'Pele' 'Pele'. 'Its not too bad, sha.' 'It's ok.' 'Are you going?' 'Eya, eya' I swear, pity doesn't make you feel better at all. It kinda makes you want to throw things.
Then I was put in the position of actually Convincing my father to let me serve. Talk about role reversal. God knows why he agreed. Seems like we're all praying for me to get posted to Abuja.....Heck, I couldn't have passed the GTB test for nothing.
I heard an in @ camp is working at the Medical Center. Well that's out.
I also heard something about people in sports enjoying. They didn't have to pass that gist twice. I will regular jock when I land. Let 'em just wait.
-Sorry if this sounds disjointed, cuz my thoughts are doing the 400M relay about my head at the moment. Ya'll should pray for me o; I want to pay my 3week Nassarawa dues and bounce to Abuja as quickly as I can.
-Trying to breathe
Ok, Monday was the day when all my former classmates came together in search of a half sheet of paper with a portion of our future etched upon it.
It really should be called a 'Call On' letter, because the crying and rejoicing that ensued will surely lead to us all calling on the Lord.
When I got to school my committee of friends congratulated me on getting Oyo state. Needless to say, I couldn't run down. I have more than enough people there and hey, that's where me boy was posted. - Alas, it would not turn out to be so easy. When I finally received my call up letter, not finally really, there was no line when I went, I just sort of told the dude my name; I saw boldly typed Nassarawa.
First I thought, "Nassara-wah-hun?" Then I thought, "Nice joke boyos." The look on their faces proved it was an honest error that made them believe I'd be coasting through my service year in IB.
Lets just say I wore a shock-smile for a while before the dulling started. Everything was 'Pele' 'Pele'. 'Its not too bad, sha.' 'It's ok.' 'Are you going?' 'Eya, eya' I swear, pity doesn't make you feel better at all. It kinda makes you want to throw things.
Then I was put in the position of actually Convincing my father to let me serve. Talk about role reversal. God knows why he agreed. Seems like we're all praying for me to get posted to Abuja.....Heck, I couldn't have passed the GTB test for nothing.
I heard an in @ camp is working at the Medical Center. Well that's out.
I also heard something about people in sports enjoying. They didn't have to pass that gist twice. I will regular jock when I land. Let 'em just wait.
-Sorry if this sounds disjointed, cuz my thoughts are doing the 400M relay about my head at the moment. Ya'll should pray for me o; I want to pay my 3week Nassarawa dues and bounce to Abuja as quickly as I can.
-Trying to breathe
Comments
I know these feeble attempts at encouragement will not work, but hey, what can you do right? Just be happy you wont experience the unbelievable NIGHTMARE that's Lagos Camp TOILETS. *shudder*
Takia
Any way, every disappointment is a blessing dear. GTB has a branch there abi??:)
GTB has some branches there, but we'll see what happens with the test I wanna take.
I have some blogger-ish to type, but just lemme wake up first.
-Bee