Missed You

I have neglected me dear blog and I suppose some price is to be paid because of it. In the meantime, that poetry bug bit me a while ago and I daresay I have somethings to air. Hideously title-less, what I'll refer to as 'Tress' is about, trees, or growth, moving day perhaps; you're free to interpret freely.

The other one is rather self explanatory I think. Just me musings, hope ya'll enjoy



Trees fly by my window
taking a moment to pause
-like slow motion footage.

The sounds that night
makes against tire
treads become their
melody.
Added to the wind song
and the branches
seem to dance.

Trees run by me and I
turn back to
catch them going,
Soaring, swiftly
shrinking into nothing
as I'm carried further

from home.


I'm supposed to be glad.
I have seen a semblance of light at the end of what has been a dim squalor filled tunnel. The light, though it seems to brighten- it also seems to get further away.
Like I'm a fish in a pond and some freckle faced nine year old is dangling worms just out of my reach.
Just off to the side-bordering on my peripheral vision is a goal I just cannot help but meet.
If God has gotten me this far, who am I to judge?...and still, knowing that I shouldn't- I do.


-I went to church this morning and had to add this, @ around 2pm-


When you're young, preschool, kingergarten etc, there's this fire. A burning, bubbling passion behind your eyes that makes you think you can fly.

Somewhere in our growth, other peoples' opinions and impending adulthood shakes our happy from us. Scares us into doubting ourselves and thinking that just maybe, we cannot fly or our ideas just aren't good enough.
We decide we are more than slightly irritated with ourselves and have grown accustomed to our smiles.

Remember when you thought you were too special, invincible, just plain awesome, pretty much all that and a bag of chips.

When you were happily yourself and in love with your smile? I, we, need to get back to that. Unconditionally loving ourselves.

-God loves us, who are we to say he's wrong?


--I realize this may not apply to everyone, but if it applies to anyone reading, well, then maybe there was a reason I just had to write this during my churchs' Christmas Eve's eve service.

Comments

little miss me said…
strangely intriguing bit of poetry.
i like.
Unknown said…
"If God has gotten me this far, who am I to judge?...and still, knowing that I shouldn't- I do."


Deep and very True.
desperate lady said…
O wow thats some talent. I don't know how to write a line of poem so i always envy people who write and understand poetry.
Good job hon and thanks for stopping by. Muah!
diary of a G said…
"I'm like a fish in a pond with worms dangling just out of my reach"
*sigh*
I feel you, the wait can be so long
but lets pray we'll make it and that it will be worth it

have a merry xmas for now n a happy new years

Young Bee
SOLOMONSYDELLE said…
Hmm, quite insightful. There is so much good poetry in blogville.

Anyway, this is my first time here. I want to wish you merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
temmy tayo said…
Thanks for stopping by my space.

Merry Xmas!
Anonymous said…
do you have poems that I can read?
ode of the short N spicy kind
that will trigger the imagination
and captures the readers mind.

if you have
then put it for all to see
so i can have an orgy with words
then finally laugh with glee

not a long a boring rant
that you subject me to
but short witty and pleasing
and ne'er a sycophant.


BADSHOTTA!!!! ask Chxta.