Woman’s Work
I’m going through the process of Not Relaxing my hair anymore. Eventually, I shall cut it. And then perhaps start wearing Large Hoop Earrings, just in case.
I’m supposed to be studying, among other things, and it feels like I’ve hit a wall. A big solid wall that I built somehow and I haven’t the good sense to walk around it, for some reason. Thus continuing the head bashing ceremony…
I do have a story……
There’s a man and a woman; husband and wife. Two children; big enough to keep themselves active, small enough to need adult help for most everything else. Lets put ‘em all in a house. No pets, sorry – just take the family of four as is.
Momma is a Doctor, and as it goes in Doctor-dom, she’s thigh-high in her residency.
This means when they call you fly. This means you wear a hideous green thing and catch zzz’s on a cot when your lucky.
Graveyard shifts are a normal thing.
Go back to the house.
Normally, the Husband is not at home, for reasons. Lets put him on a plane and say he traveled. So on getting back, he joins the merry trio and makes four.
One day, when it is a packed house, Momma leaves for work sometime in the day and returns early the next day.
She asks her husband if he has eaten.
He hasn’t.
She asks if the kids have eaten.
They haven’t.
She is incredulous. Tired and hungry as she is, energy from somewhere is used to vex.
With no one at home to do the cooking, husband and father didn’t think to feed his kids, who are Entirely unable to enter the kitchen unsupervised – if at all.
Momma makes something for the yungin’s and puts ‘em to bed. Sleeps herself.
Papa gets nada.
Perhaps her speeches about trying to understand that she was at work while he did nothing – and that feeding the children is really Not too much to ask…. Perhaps they spoke.
After the next graveyard shift she took, she came home to find the children fed.
-Pray for me, please, this laziness bug has to Die!
-I also woke up rather sickish this morning... :( so you can help me pray bout that too!!!
Here's to all of ya'll that feel 100%, ya'll don't know how good you have it..
Comments
awww...is that woman you?
wow mayn that's alot of work for one woman...
Sorry, I digress. I hope that woman is not you, sha. But if she is, or is someone close to you, she needs to take heart and come up with a serious plan on how to get her husband on the ball...
I'm so sorry u felt a lil sickish this morning. Shey u feel better now?
(I decided not to put any relaxer on my hair too...enough split ends already).
*smile*
my dear, laziness is ok, if it doesn't carry on 4 too long sha
i swear being a doctor is too much work.
there was def a lack of(effective) communication in that scenario.
there shud have been a discussion on what's for dinner and who's providing it. even us single people discuss dinner plans even when eating separately.
hope u're feeling better..
cutting your hair
that is a good way to show everyone that you are not a slave to the european standard of beauty
afrikan women were the first women on this earth anyway
and you all are the most beautiful women on earth
you all should set the standard which by all women on earth judge themselves by
He listened cos its easier to listen when one is full than when one is starving.
After the next graveyard shift she took, she came home to find the children fed...and the laundry she had planned to do in the morning all done.
Lets say she gave him some afterwards...
...the children never went hungry afterwards.
SOLOMONS.: And how... She was able 2 get through to him...on that
Jaycee: Abi o. Thanks, I feel better :)
free-flow..: Its a true story. Lets pray the laziness DOESNT apps on 4 much longer
doug: :) She's the strongest woman I know. Singlemess is bliss? but Children are Awesome!
Lighty: Just what I used to think. She works so hard.
NigerianDram..: lol, thanks. I do -much!
Sherri: I purpose you're right. Thanks, I'm feeling much better
Honeywell: Thank you and thank you :)
Pink-satin: Power to the People! Lol
James Tubman: Yeah. I kinda want to look like myself for a change.
ablackjamesb...: Nice revision. Lol The children didn't go hungry again sha
As for you my love, the lazy bug is flying all over jare. Dnt worry you will soon get over it.
4 the woman i salute her. she is strong and wise-the starvin part
soupasexy: Women just be awesome like that.
temmy tayo: Right? I sure pray the bug dies o...
anonymous gal: Wisdom thy name is Woman
lighty: My first tag! Lemme get on that....