Shyness and Midnight

Shyness is a worm that lives in your head and feeds of your negative thoughts. Once you cut off its food supply it shrivels up like a prune.

I used to be Painfully-Somebody Put Me Out of My Misery-Please Let The Ground Open -St-Stu-Stutter -Shy. I once used the bulk of a 45 minute class period to decide whether or not I should open the door and enter class late....

I never did go in.

Of late, a series of Unfortunately and Prime Potential-y Embarrassing Moments made me realize that I'm Sooo over that:


1. I frequented an eatery so much to use the bathroom, I started to recognize the staff.

2. I put my hair in twists only to find, near the close of day, that one stood at attention.

3. I waited at an eatery for someone, for hours – eventually got stood up on account of Blo'dy Monsoon style rain, waded through a puddle of murky – uck water with an Okada to pick up a measly last check. Got stood up by said Okada man and had to wait, in the rain, sans umbrella for the lone Okada man who Was around, to get back from his sojourn and take me back through said murky uck.
Rode on the Merry Okada in biting rain to arrive soaked to the teeth at the Bird, water dripping down my neck from my fro; walked through the lobby to the solace of a bathroom stall, not before being ogled by two very unhelpful staff. (Honestly, who hangs out in a bathroom?)
Bought a ticket with my magically dry new money and was accosted by the Ticket Tearing Guy for my Red Eyes. - I then proceeded to freeze to death watching a crap movie.(I kind of tangent-ed, but you get my point.)

4. I went to the Island, in a pinstripe trouser/jacket combo I thought was do-able as the jacket was black. Only the jacket was blue.

I didn't hope for fissures to split the ground open, I steadily ignored the heads that turned in my direction and told myself that:

When you've got to go and your office is busted....what's a girl to do?
My twists are fierce and I Don't Give a Whoot!
Um, Ignore, Ignore, this will be over eventually.
Oh, what the Blo'dy 'El
Well, I'm just so awesome I can wear Anything.

:)


Last night, someone tried to call me - this morning.

After about an hour of silencing calls from the Mystery Annoyer, an actual Person I know whose number I had saved called towards 2am. In the process of catching up, I realized that the string of digits that had taken such pleasure in irritating me, had rung 13 times. Thirteen!

You think if it were important, they would've called during the day? Hmm? Maybe?
Why didn't I just turn my phone off, you wonder?

I just so happened to be Freaking Tired, so when the calls started, I somehow merged with the dream I was having. Convenient ay? Twas only towards the end when I realized that I was Not-Answering calls in my sleep, but in the Real World outside of my head.

Afterwards I noticed the number in my Received Calls List and I checked how long the call was, curious to see if I had been gracious enough to give them at least one babbling reason to believe that at 15 to 1, I was indeed asleep. The call registered at 00:00.

Blo'y annoyance was......Flashing???? at 1 am?? Who flipping does that? Honestly?

Do you?

- Heres to...Jill Scott's 'Living My Life Like its Golden'

....well well. The Crazy person called me back this afternoon. Three times. Each time I picked up the phone, they hung up. By the end I'd stopped bothering to say 'Hello'

Then they sent me a text that read:
“If ds is rily wat u want FINE!
I ws jus tryin2b a friend bt
apparently its a waste of
time!”

I'm almost proud of whoever it is for finally getting it. Maybe I won't get random strings of 7 digits calling me at 45 past midnight anymore. God Bless 'im

- Here's still to Jill Scott's 'Living My Life Like its Golden' and swimming. Here's to swimming.


*update* Me thinks they haven't learned their lesson, as another mysterious string of 7 digits flashed me before and after the Text situation.

-Dudes think women are hard to understand? Male-folk TRIP!! My goodness.

Comments

darkelcee said…
a girl's gotta do what she gotta do!

hehehe@ u doing 45 mins deciding whether to open ur class door or not.

you are indeed over shyness to have gone into the bird soaking wet.loll go girl!

but softly softly sha. you know you be chic? *smiles*
SOLOMONSYDELLE said…
lol! now I have to go listen to Jill Scott...
Emeka Amakeze said…
Shit happens sometimes!
Emeka Amakeze said…
Shit happens sometimes!
Femme said…
lol...living my life like it's golden too. Happy thanksgiving.
doug said…
"...accosted by the Ticket Tearing Guy for my Red Eyes"

- What on earth are Red Eyes?

"When you've got to go and your office is busted....what's a girl to do?"

- Alright don't tell me you gassed them to death??!!!

"If ds is rily wat u want FINE!
I ws jus tryin2b a friend bt
apparently its a waste of
time!"

- Is that the milk-moustache loving Spaniard by any chance? *wink wink

"-Dudes think women are hard to understand? Male-folk TRIP!! My goodness."

- Alright don't go there...as in NEVER EVER EVER. There is absolutely NO basis for comparison dude.
SOLOMONSYDELLE said…
@ femme: iro ni! Femme? You touch down for blogville and you did not come and report yourself for failure to update?

eh?

Unless this is a different person. But if this is madam femme and frank, how you dey? make I go check ya side.

Oh, La reine, sorry for using your space to yap femme. How you dey? Just checking in for an update. Hope all is well oh
Anonymous said…
learned a lot