Sleep
Something
about the way I wake up
too early on Monday mornings,
about the way I wake up
too early on Monday mornings,
Thinking much too much ..about nothing
And seriously trying to recall that
Last dream.
Something
about the night shift and driving home
to sleep...
At 5am.
I'm thinking;
What time zone is my body on?
How many International Datelines course through me?
Perhaps
Its the thoughts I don't write down
The Do This, Now'S that slip right by me
Or
The memories that tiptoe 'round my consciousness? Those that dredge To Do lists up. The 'Hmm' & 'What if?'
Thoughts.
Something
Something.
Maybe its the Dreams that keep me from going back
To sleep.
-Here's to old friends, new beginnings and acting on your dreams.
Comments
How come u don't write more ofter?
B.T: Thanks, glad to hear it. Don't worry, I'm back now; pens blazing.
Anon: Mayhaps you're right...:)
i often dont tell other poets this, not because i cant admit it, but because i cant stand people who write poetry like they are in Grade 2 or people who find it a necessity to Rhyme on their poetry.
you should write more often.