0 to 6 miles

I had a birthday, my locs are a year old and I started grad school. #milestones



I'm in a new climate, new time zone, trying out new places and meeting new faces.

Of course, this in no way stops me from doing silly old things.

Like attempting to run with people who have been running for years. For a 4 to 6 mile trail. I didn't even make it to the 1.4 miles I 'ran' with my brother. They were leaving me in dust practically before the word GO! One of the seasoned marathoners dropped back to see if I was alright. When I told him my ...situation, through wheezes and gasps for air, he said "So you tried to go from 0 to 6 in one day?" Honestly, smart people get dumb moment passes. I think.

I feel I have no choice but to find a plan that helps me pace myself. Lord knows I don't know what I'm doing.

I want to run, not die trying.



Here's to time management. I'm going to need it.

Comments

Mimi B said…
I remeber the last time I tried to exercise. SMH. It was a total disaster.

Since then, i've sworn off the treadmill, running and other such things. There just has to be another way of keeping fit. No?
LOL
lovelife4sale said…
Getting in shape is all a process, we all want to rush it, but it all takes time. kinda reminds me of a broken heart, if you wanna get in shape or wanna mend a broken heart, you cant rush it, well you can but crash diets and rebound relationships are just temporary fixes to long term issues. lol. sooo enjoy the process of becoming a better you, one step at a time.
La Reine said…
Mimi B: Dancing is always a fun one :)

lovelife: I get what you're saying. Thanks :)
Getting into enough shape to run is so hard. I know what you mean.