Everyday I'm shuffling.




The day before the day I was to leave, I went to bed at 7pm. Or I tried. I was lucid at 8 and perhaps even nine but somehow, I woke up at midnight. As per my original plan.

I did some last minute tidying and watched a few episodes of one of the oddest programs ever, An American Horror Story. So convoluted. So messed up. Why do I keep watching! I needed a couple hours of awake and it sure did the trick.

Some hours later I got a call and I rushed to meet my friend and her cab. We talked non stop on the way to the airport and the cabbie tried to con us.
"First person pays full price and the second pays half, he said. 'Malarky!' cried I, and we nipped that nonsense in the bud.

I forced myself awake at the airport, crashed during the plane ride, and bolted from the cabin once I was able. I had a bus to catch and I was petrified of misisng it. Who wants to spend two hours waiting for a second bus because you missed the first?

No one.

I found the bus, inhaled a hot dog, got home, exchanged hugs, defrosted a turkey, baked a squash, ate jollof rice, caught up on W6D3 and drove the fam miles and miles and wound up with a sleek suit jacket sans the pants. That last bit was today.

Jerks took the pants.

Just now, I had a mini dance party. Just me, my brothers and the up tempo beats of Party Rock. The youngest and I showed my other brother how to shuffle. Because das how we do.

Did I mentioned it snowed yesterday?

Also, I had a merry Christmas and I watched Its a Wonderful Life for the first time. Best Christmas break ever.

Here's to 2012 being better than the years before it.

Comments

Olufunke said…
lol@ inhaled a hot dog.

Hope your 2012 has been all your hoped for it to be.

Cheers!
La Reine said…
Olufunke: Thanks for dropping by!
All I can say is so far so good, but I'm still hoping for great things :)