Selfish
I had a bad day, bad week, poor month, weak year..
Did I? I fell and rose, decided. Chose.
I breathed the air recycled by blades of green grass
as I trod upon them -only waste now, useless.
Did I? I fell and rose, decided. Chose.
I breathed the air recycled by blades of green grass
as I trod upon them -only waste now, useless.
I whined 'woe is me', cursed and cried.
I swore 'never again', yet I live-
I swore 'never again', yet I live-
You died.
Sitting as minutes creep by and turn into years.
Shaking I cower behind giant, imaginary fears.
I twiddle my thumbs and wonder, 'perhaps', 'if only I-'
Still time passes, used up and wasted.
Shaking I cower behind giant, imaginary fears.
I twiddle my thumbs and wonder, 'perhaps', 'if only I-'
Still time passes, used up and wasted.
I recall your face, your voice -
Your unmoving form on that last day.
I have the nickname you gave me,
the image of pressed shirts and ties.
Your unmoving form on that last day.
I have the nickname you gave me,
the image of pressed shirts and ties.
Yet the memory is faded
drowned by selfishness and pride.
Choked by 'problems' and 'strife',
Choked by 'problems' and 'strife',
Yet I live. How
could I have
forgotten that
You died?
Comments
it is well