Dear Family: November 24th
It has been interesting for me to reconcile all the things I've learned over time, especially as some reveal harsher realities about past events.
I think it can be seen as morbid to remember those who lived and died in the past at times, but I think it can also be practical. For me it's interesting to think about.
I found a geography game that has confirmed that I could learn more about world geography: https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/
I also found a map that shows where various native tribes were in the past, across the globe. (likely best on a laptop. ) https://native-land.ca/
It's such an interesting time to be alive right now and have the technology to see multiple parts of the globe from my home. Or look into the past. Definitely a positive benefit that I'm thankful for.
Today being Thanksgiving and National Day of Mourning makes me think of this. I can't recall when last I celebrated pilgrims specifically, but I'm trying to keep the best, if that word can be used here, parts of both events in mind today.
I'm thankful for my life, yours, and our friends and loved ones. For the lives of those who paved the way for us to be here now, and for those now who allow us to remember the sacrifices their ancestors made, and know more than we did before.
I hope you* all have a good day.
*who even sees these?
Here's to another year of side eye towards Black Friday.

Comments