C'est Fini!
So I went to the third, and last, wedding-like event of August this weekend.
Celebrating 25 years of marriage and 2 graduations.
We got to the church Episcopal Church of James, late and sat in the Very Last Pew. (Reason's To Be On Time #1)
Mrs Reverend, yeah Mrs. talked, we stood and read the bold text, we sang songs we didn't know, they invited us to kneel or stand...everybody stood. I walked about a mile to the bathroom, seriously, the men's bathroom was down a flight of stairs while women had to trek through tables and chairs to venture through an unlabeled door (see my life like film), I came back just in time for communion to end.
Okay the deed is, well redone, everybody leaves...well we leave, everyone else poses for the camera *click*click*click*. We got lost three times before making it to the reception. And now my sister and I sit with a group of adults we don't know and alas, thus begins pleasant 2-way conversation.
After waiting amidst smooth oldies and Sprite, its time to Mange! And mange we did. I tore that fish up! Word of Mouth!! Lemme tell you, my plate wasn't light in any way.
Food digested and people cold, the happy couple, mad cute by the way, opened up the dance floor and away they went, the young and old alike.
A billion Naija songs and Old School jams later; someone starts the Electric Slide and I cannot be stopped. After that they started me on some sort of New Generation Electric Slide that had us spinning about the place. Didn't fall once, yay! Props to the middle aged woman that taught us all. I tortured my toes, bloody heels, with some Salsa inspired number and a Naija jam or two before I took my leave.
After making my Mom wonder "where did you learn to dance like that?", all is a blur. I remember sleeping in the car on the way home, and being in love with my bed. Hmm...
- My birthday was the day after, so yeah me! I'd show you the purple and white, flowered rectangle of joy we ate, but, you know, we ate it.
Celebrating 25 years of marriage and 2 graduations.
We got to the church Episcopal Church of James, late and sat in the Very Last Pew. (Reason's To Be On Time #1)
Mrs Reverend, yeah Mrs. talked, we stood and read the bold text, we sang songs we didn't know, they invited us to kneel or stand...everybody stood. I walked about a mile to the bathroom, seriously, the men's bathroom was down a flight of stairs while women had to trek through tables and chairs to venture through an unlabeled door (see my life like film), I came back just in time for communion to end.
Okay the deed is, well redone, everybody leaves...well we leave, everyone else poses for the camera *click*click*click*. We got lost three times before making it to the reception. And now my sister and I sit with a group of adults we don't know and alas, thus begins pleasant 2-way conversation.
After waiting amidst smooth oldies and Sprite, its time to Mange! And mange we did. I tore that fish up! Word of Mouth!! Lemme tell you, my plate wasn't light in any way.
Food digested and people cold, the happy couple, mad cute by the way, opened up the dance floor and away they went, the young and old alike.
A billion Naija songs and Old School jams later; someone starts the Electric Slide and I cannot be stopped. After that they started me on some sort of New Generation Electric Slide that had us spinning about the place. Didn't fall once, yay! Props to the middle aged woman that taught us all. I tortured my toes, bloody heels, with some Salsa inspired number and a Naija jam or two before I took my leave.
After making my Mom wonder "where did you learn to dance like that?", all is a blur. I remember sleeping in the car on the way home, and being in love with my bed. Hmm...
- My birthday was the day after, so yeah me! I'd show you the purple and white, flowered rectangle of joy we ate, but, you know, we ate it.
Comments
pammy
Its good to let ur hair down and boogie like you have no cares once in a while.
How far with the NYSC stuff??