Heels
I have a pair of heels that I wore once, to a wedding.
And I danced the night away in a Old Skol, so smooth style.
And my feet regetted it.
My pinkie toe was barely spared.
And I wore these shoes to work.
- No dancing, I figured I was safe.
Some walking.
- I thought all would be good.
Flights of stairs.
- Tis part of the agreement.
By the end, well, If my ankles could cry
My pinkie shout and the sides weep.
They would hoot and holler and moan
Something would break
Things would be thrown.
But someone said 'you be chick now'
And so, sans grinning, I bear it.
And today, I wear flats.
:)
-Heres to.....um, um. Music! All kinds, whatever style. Take a minute or two outta your day to Dance. Just a little. (Find a safe space to do it ;) )
And I danced the night away in a Old Skol, so smooth style.
And my feet regetted it.
My pinkie toe was barely spared.
And I wore these shoes to work.
- No dancing, I figured I was safe.
Some walking.
- I thought all would be good.
Flights of stairs.
- Tis part of the agreement.
By the end, well, If my ankles could cry
My pinkie shout and the sides weep.
They would hoot and holler and moan
Something would break
Things would be thrown.
But someone said 'you be chick now'
And so, sans grinning, I bear it.
And today, I wear flats.
:)
-Heres to.....um, um. Music! All kinds, whatever style. Take a minute or two outta your day to Dance. Just a little. (Find a safe space to do it ;) )
Comments
Eyaaa! But how was work sha? Made any cool friends yet?
Your post brings to my memory the day I ruined your shoes...aah sweet memories. We should do that again sometime. LOL
ShonaVixen: It is funny, and thats a Good Song.
Afrobabe: Sorry bout that hun, thank God for flip flops.
doug: Gee thanks. Yes to the friend thing...or at least, we're FriendLY
:P to you ruining any more of my shoes
Pele bout your shoe story. Why do we do this to ourselves??....Cuz the shoes are cute...lol!
Rita: Wisdom right there. Proper wisdom.
i totally get the 'you be chick' thats why my handy dandy fabric flats live in my purse lol
Pele o,lol!
princesa: Indeed! Stress abi stress?