Les Cinema

I saw Alice in Wonderland today, and I saw The Lovely Bones.
Armed with a tummy full of breaded chicken and hands full of popcorn, hot dogs, ice cream and carbonated beverages*- I had myself a grand ole time.

Though, there was a dark moment.
I did see a trailer for Karate Kid.
That irked me greatly. Nothing against Jackie Chan or the young of Will Smith. (What is that childs' name?) I'm just put off by more proof that Hollywood is out of ideas, turning instead to published novels, hollywood archives and such.

Think about it, The Lovely Bones is an Alice Sebold novel, the Prince of Persia is a game, I think its safe to say The Wolfman is a relic, Julie&Julia-book, Piercy Jackson &the Olympians... -book, Alice..., Where the Wild things Are....:honestly. If it truly is THAT good, I'd rather just read the book.

I thank God for the originality that brought Inglorious Basterds, The Men Who Stare at Goats, The Box, heck- The Hangover. But who knows, maybe they were books too.
Was The Hurt Locker a book? Let the Right one in? Valentines Day? When in Rome?

Are there no more screenplay writers? Must I have to suffer through unfiltered crap like Valentines Day because I want a movie and not a remake of a movie/novel turned movie/game turned movie/tv show turned movie?
How about a good imagination turned movie for old times sake?

-Now, who knows when the next Harry Potter flick coming out?


* Not all at once!

Comments

Myne said…
I look forward to seeing Alice in Wonderland 3d next weekend. You're right, a lot of movies are remakes, comics, books and games. I thought I was the only one who didn't like Valentine's day. You should go see Shutter Island though it is a book too, lol. HP is out in July I think.
La Reine said…
Have fun, @least you'll be seeing it in 3D.
I Cannot wait to see Shutter Island.
-not so random fact: The Time Travelers Wife seems to bear striking resemblance to a novel published in 1968...